Wednesday, March 12, 2014

31DC2013, Day 26: Inspired by a pattern

I must confess, I was a bit of a chicken to proceed with the next topic of the 31 Day Challenge 2013. I played with the idea of using one of my stamping plates - I mean there are so many fantastic patterns out there (think MoYou!!!)... But a challenge is a challenge, so for me that meant a free-hand pattern.
I got a fabulous body butter for Xmas, which also has a pretty retro style pattern on its cover. So here I come with my Inspired by a pattern mani:


I really love the color combination - it's quite bold with all this bright turquoise and orange and a bit of mustard yellow, but somehow it really works, right?


It took ages again - two episodes of The Blacklist to be exact ;) - but it wasn't as difficult as it might look. I didn't have to be very precise and that was really relaxing for a change. I even managed to do the right hand pretty well. I used acrylic paint and a very thin paint brush and a dotting tool.


Base color: fantastic gelly-ish creme called Pure Turquoise by Barry M
Pattern: acrylic paint