Wednesday, May 28, 2014

31DC2013, Day 29: Inspired by the supernatural

I was determined to finish the 31 Day challenge from last year, but I see all these awesome manis on the net - and I quickly forget my actual goal ;).

C'mon, there are only three manis left and then I'm done with my first ever nail art challenge :) Here comes my supernatural mani:


Apparently a just cannot stop buying MoYou stamping plates, so it's high time I start using them!!! The base for this mani is a light blue gradient. Then I randomly sponged grey, beige and mud colored nail polishes to create the rocky bottom and stamped the cute mermaid and water plant patterns on top of it.
My top coat smeared a bit, but thank god I noticed it before ruining the design completely.

Base color: pale blue gradient with Formula X Infatuated and China Glaze Bahamian Escape, added spots of Picture Polish Whimsy around the stamped patterns
Rocks: sponged different grey polishes on top of each other
Waterp pants: pattern from the MoYou Sailor Collection 04, stamped with dark green Essence Deep Sea, Baby
Mermaid: pattern from MoYou Fairytale Collection 02 stamping plate with Konad black stamping polish