Sunday, December 8, 2013

31DC2013: Day 16, Tribal Print

The next topic of the 31 day challenge  (which every one else has finished in September ;) )  is tribal nails. There are so many really cool designs, but my favorites are all kinds of Aztec patterns.  Since I'm still really bad with free handing, I decided to use acrylic paint for lines and then just fill the spaces with neon pink nail polish.
It was really hard to draw the thin lines until I found a solution and used a toothpick instead of the brush! It's almost cheating ;), but hey, we all have to start somewhere! :)


Base color: white Cult Nails Tempest
Tribal patterns: googled for Aztec patterns and free handed with a toothpick and black acrylic paint
Neon Accents: China Glaze Pool Party

6 comments :

  1. Hey! Im from bloggers bootcamp. I love the simplicity of your blog, and the blue colour theme. I also love your nail art and photos! My only suggestions would be maybe add a GFC networking tool so people can follow your blog via google friend connect, and maybe add some more pictures to your posts. Oh, and also maybe remove the comment verification when people write comments on your posts
    keep up the blogging!

    galorious
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey galorious, thank you so much for the great suggestions! I'm really happy to hear that you like my desings, it's a great motivation to keep learning & experimenting ! :) I'm still working on integrating Google Friend Connect and will definitely work on improving the pictures. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a great design! I love the detail and the colours look great together too!

    I'm from WPNFF Blogger's Bootcamp. I really love your blog, it has a great colour theme which is shown throughout and I really like your pictures. I really like your writing style too.
    The only suggestion I have is that you could perhaps add social media icons to your blog, so that people can follow you on other platforms. You could also add a search bar, so that people can look for specific things in your blog.
    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your suggestions! After spending 3 hours in editing my blog templates I proudly present the "Follow me" and the search bar!!! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I'm coming from the Will Paint Nails for Food link-up. :) I absolutely love your banner - how creative! I like that you have your follow/social media buttons right up at the top of your sidebar. Your blog is nicely laid out. :) My only suggestion is to get just a tad bit closer to your nails in your photos - I feel like they are just slightly too far away from the camera. You've got some great nails going on - make sure people can see them in all their beautiful-ness! Cheers and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've dug up my old camera with which I can come closer to my nails. I'm determined to get better pictures! :) Thank you for the great suggestions!

      Delete