Sunday, February 23, 2014

31DC2013, Day 25: Inspired by fashion

Yee-haw! Day 25 of the 31 Day Challenge 2013! Never thought I'd need half a year for a one-month-challenge... But mark my words, I am going to finish it!!! :)
It was fun to scan the net for inspiring fashion pictures. I almost settled on Valentino Spring/Summer 2014 collection (awesome ethnic designs!) and than I saw the Alexandre Vauthier S/S 2014 collection. I thought it is PERFECT as a mani inspiration and set to work.

Source: Alexandre Vauthier
I'm so in love with this design! I think this is my favourite mani so far. It was pretty easy to do, although it requires a little patience.
The copper lines are acrylic paint, glitter and brown are nail polishes. I discovered, that I have to work much faster if I want to use nail polish for my nail art. It's just not possible to draw a thin line with a drying, gooey polish. But the glitter was worth it! (My accent nails are more sparkly in person).


I used a toothpick to create small dots and a very thin nail art brush for the lines. In the beginning I used tape to create a crisp outline. Once I've drawn a couple lines, I removed the tape and could stay within the "borders" without problems.


Base color: Cult Nail Tempest
Accent nails: stripes and dots with p2 Next Exit Party(pale gold), A-England Briarwood (shimmery brown), China Glaze I Herd That (gold-orangy glitter)
Studs: golden 2mm studs bought on Ebay


I can imagine, that this style would also look great in different color combinations. Imagine white base and 1) silver and blue; 2) silver, grey and black; 3) grey and Shrek-green; 4) rosé and gold ...
Would work, right? What  do you think?