Sunday, August 10, 2014

31DC2013, Day 31: Honor Nails You Love

Hello everyone! Long time no see :) Caribbean weather here in Hamburg, so it was hard to stay indoors :)


With this post I'm officially finishing my first nail art challenge - the 31 Day Challenge 2013 .
There aren't probably many people who'd need almost a year for a 31 Day challenge. I'm not slow, I'm special :D And anyway: whatever!!! It was fun and I've done it!  Yeeeeey!

Here I am with the last mani of the challenge:


I must admit I forgot what the exact topic was. I just thought I had to recreate my favorite mani of the challenge... Well... Not quite.
It actually had to be a tribute to someone's creativity - "Honor someone else's nails you love" :). So modest as I am, by mistake I recreated mine :D
To be frank, my whole nail art is a tribute to someone else's creativity. For more than a year now, I've been following nail art blogs, absorbing the ideas and techniques someone else had. I would never be able to learn so much and do such a mani without the nail art community!


I recreated this mani with blue color scheme, but this time I made use of this awesome idea by Dominika -  aka the Panna Marchewka: I painted the pattern as a square on a plastic bag, then cut straight stripes and top-coated them to my nails. Cool, right? It definitely saved a lot of time. Additionally, I didn't have to paint with my non-dominant hand, which is always such a pain in the... you know where  ;)


Base color: white Cult Nails Tempest
Pattern: mix of different blue, silver and glitter polishes: dark blue A-England Tristam, blue metallic Essie Blue Rhapsody and then some silvery glitter polish.
Studs: silver 1mm studs from Ebay